Contacts & Reservations for Broken Rock Ranch

Contacts & Reservations for Broken Rock Ranch

Our web dev team is presently interviewing candidates for a reservation service.

The winner will run from behind this page; check back soon.

Call about reservations at The Rock (760) 749-1278
Ask Marla Harding about Hospitality (760) 913-5323
Contact Executive Chef William Rios (760) 913-5331

Reserve a glamping site today.

Broken Rock Ranch makes for a great "home base" location as it is in close proximity to nearby recreational areas like Palomar Mountain, Palomar Observatory, Hellhole Canyon Preserve, Lake Wolhford, The Lavender Fields, Wilderness Gardens Preserve and Dixon Dam and Lake. There is a great deal of California history to observe in the immediate local area as well. Mission San Antonio de Pala is the only surviving Asistencia (a small scale mission with Divine service, however lacking a resident priest ) in the California mission system. Other great historic references include the historic Butterfield Overland Stage Line cut right through the area in its time, the Sickler Grist Mill est. in 1881 was the only mill in the region and its foundation still exists today, and in 1866 the largest California grizzly bear ever captured was found in Valley Center. Stop by the Valley Center History Museum just down the road from Broken Rock Ranch for all the interesting details.

Valley Center Glamping logo

Broken Rock Ranch is one of the best kept secrets of Valley Center, although it has been in existence since 1924. The interesting history of the property and of its various owners gives an added curiosity to the ranch as well. Originally called Happyland Sanatorium, the property was owned by a family whose matriarch was Caroline Beran Hoertig, a charismatic faith healer. Bringing fame and attention to her healings, the sanatorium was a noted landmark and can be found as such on vintage driving maps alongside known public buildings and parks. The property was bequeathed to the Lutheran Laymans League after her death in 1960 and was renamed Camp Caroline and operated as a church camp for the next 49 years.

Questions for our web design/dev team?

Formerly Broken Rock Ranch

Mining Camp Restaurant

Valley Center Glamping in San Diego

'Line Camp Music Hall

Forest Bathing

...and much more

Social Media